Bacoban® Longterm Surface Disinfectant
Bacoban® is a patented surface disinfectant which uses a completely new approach.
- It uses a semi-permanent nano scale layer of silicon dioxide (SiO2).
- Within this layer are anti pathogen agents, which are slowly
- released whilst the surface is in place (up to ten days).
Not only is Bacoban® effective against bacteria but it is also effective against a wide range of pathogens including: -
- Hepatitis, Influenza, HIV, Staphylococcus aureus, Psuedomonas auruginosa and Candida albicans.
Bacoban® closes the hygiene gap that arises between disinfection cycles.
This allows for active infection control for an extended period.
Moreover Bacoban® reduces odours caused by bacteria.
- Bacoban® is VAH listed and CE certified as a class 2A medical device. Whilst being tested, to establish long-term efficacy, not only was the long-term anti bacterial effect confirmed but additional testing indicated that Bacoban® creates "easy-to-clean" surfaces, which reduce the cleaning time of protected surfaces by approximately 50%.
- Bacoban® is biocompatible (tested under GLP conditions) the Bacoban® range is manufactured in Germany under the European Directive 93/42/EC and DIN 13485-2003MPG.
- Bacoban® can be applied to almost all surfaces including metals, ceramics, plastics, textiles etc.
*Bacoban® is effective against a very wide range of pathogens including viruses, bacteria and fungi. It is not effective against all pathogens.